Friday 15 April 2016

Cinnamon: why you should love it!




It might sound weird or strange but I pretty much consume cinnamon every... single... day.  It is kind of a staple for me - like air... brushing my teeth - you get the gist right?

If I fancy snack foods like chopped apples and banana, I will sprinkle it on.  If I have porridge or overnight oats I will use it.  If I'm baking and eating a cheeky apple crumble (don't tell anyone)...I will use it.  It's a kitchen staple in my house hold.

The fab thing with regards to it, is it's FREE on Slimming World! High five!  But also, yes it's free on Slimming World but this tasty spice has tonnes of health benefits that you may of never known of.  For example it can be used to help treat muscle spasms, vomiting, diarrhoea, infections, the common cold, loss of appetite, and erectile dysfunction (apparently so boys!).

Cinnamon is also rich in Vitamin A and K and it assists with combatting bowel inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis.  Plus according to Diabetes UK, it may lower blood sugar in people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.

So next time you're walking down the aisles of your supermarket, give this little guy some thought.  He may be small but he is amazing to have in your life as he will make your food taste great and give your body a helping hand!


XAX

Where can you find me??

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Start Today, Get Fit!. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig