Thursday 25 June 2015

Breakfast: What I Ate



Being someone with little time to spend over the stove cooking up eggs every morning, I like to enjoy healthy fast breakfast alternatives which I don't have to think too hard about. Quick and easy... I like it! 

This morning I had overnight oats for breakfast.  As the name suggests, they are prepared the night before and it literally takes less than 5 minutes of my time.  What I also love is you can make at least three days worth of overnight oats in one go.  Space in your fridge and some decent Tupperware is all you need.

I make it using the following ingredients:

Porridge Oats - 1/3 cup
Almond Unsweetened Milk -1/3 cup 
Yogurt (I use low fat) - 1 cup
Cinnamon and Nutmeg (to season)
Raisins - I add a small handful 

Throw everything in to a bowl or container of your choice, mix up then place it into the fridge overnight.  In the morning, bring it out and give it a stir - eat!!  Easy peasy. 

You can really can adapt this recipe to how you want it.  Don't like raisins?  Use fresh fruit instead, just add it in the morning when you're ready to eat it. Like it sweeter just add honey or maple syrup - just remember this is meant to be healthy!  Remember your portion sizes.

It might not look to amazing (cold gloppy porridge some say) however it is yummy.  

Enjoy.

XAX

Where can you find me??






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Start Today, Get Fit!. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig